The traditional Italian herbed cheese spread (Italian herbs and cheese bread) is made of soft fresh Parmesan, fresh parsley, fresh chives, red bell pepper, olive oil and garlic. The crumbly soft cheese should be grated finely and mixed with the other herbs and spices. Add salt to taste. Sprinkle some extra herbs on top of the bread before you bake it.
shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
fresh parsley chopped
fresh chives chopped
fresh red bell pepper chopped
garlic finely chopped
salt to taste
Directions or Method to Prepare Italian Herbed Cheese Spread
1. Heat the oven to 180C (350F). Grease the baking pan.
2. Place the French bread slices on the baking pan and bake for 10 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Oil for drizzling on bread or drizzling on crumb mixture before topping bread with it.
3. Sprinkle garlic and a little salt on the bread.
4. Mix all the ingredients from parsley and cheese to bread evenly, add freshly chopped red bell pepper, olive oil and finally sprinkle finely chopped garlic on top of it.
5. Drizzle a little olive oil on the herbed cheese spread and spread it evenly on the bread.
6. Lightly sprinkle garlic on top of the half-baked French bread. 4. Pour the herbed cheese mixture evenly over the bread.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes until cheese is bubbling and edges of bread are crisp.
8. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and some fresh parsley or basil. For more herbed cheese recipes, check this page
Read More: Raw Vegan Apple Pie Recipe
Nutrition Facts (per serving)
- Calories: 102.4
- Fat: 9.9g
- Vitamin C: .03mg
- Cholesterol: 36.2mg
- Carbohydrate: 1.6g
- Protein: 2.10g
- Sodium: 156.6mg
- Fiber: 0.1g
- SmartPoints: 15
Health Benefits Italian Herbed Cheese Spread
- Good source of protein.
- High in vitamin C.
- Rich in vitamin Trans-fats.
- Contains potassium and calcium.
- A low fat and sodium food .
- In addition to the nutritional values, this recipe is low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol.
- Low in sodium and very good source of cholesterol and sodium free.
- The Italian Herbed cheese spread is high in vitamin A, calcium and protein. It is a low fat, cholesterol and sodium food.
- The nutritional values are calculated based on 8 slices of the french bread, each slice contains 103 calories.
- This recipe needs to be cooked for 8-10 minutes. If you are cooking for the first time, it is recommended that you keep an eye on the food and cook till the cheese melts completely or your desired consistency.
- You can add extra red bell pepper if you wish.
- Some people add basil instead of parsley to the herbed cheese spread.
- It is a low fat, cholesterol and sodium food. This recipe is very easy to make and you can try more variations to make it more interesting.
Note: Don’t make italian herbs and cheese bread recipe when you have guests over as it can be messy. You can easily adjust the toppings and ingredients of your Italian Herb cheese spread to suit your taste and health needs.