Introducing the Pumpkin Spice Protein Shake! This protein shake is a quick and easy way to enjoy fall flavors all year long. With just few ingredients, this light, nutty drink is the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth without weighing you down or causing unwanted extra calories. Whip it up in under 5 minutes and chug it down with a scoop of vegan protein powder for a filling meal that will leave you feeling energized while giving your body all the nutrients it needs.
Pumpkin Spice Protein Shake is a nutritious, vegan and gluten-free shake. It is easy to make with the following ingredients and these ingredients are easily available in every kitchen or supermarket near your house:
(or) Canned pumpkin pie filling
Pumpkin Spice Protein Powder
(or) Vanilla whey protein powder (optional)
Unsweetened Almond Milk (or water)
Cinnamon – extra cinnamon for topping (optional)
Vanilla extract (optional)
Read More: Try Raw Passion Smoothie in This Summer
1 large (8 oz) serving
15 g Protein
41 g Carbs, 9 g Fat
Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 fruit, 1 fat
Amount Per Serving
Calories 117.9, Total Fat 1.5g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 91mg, Total Carbohydrate 18g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 8g Protein 8g
And that’s it! On a day off this will usually be my breakfast and post workout meal. If I have time I’ll make double and store some in the refrigerator for another meal later in the week.
Tip: This recipe makes a great post-workout meal as well as a tasty dessert. Simply add in one scoop of vegan protein powder and any additional sweetener you’d like.
Notes For Preparing This Recipe
I would suggest using a blender, I found that a high-speed hand blender was unusable as it did not blend the cashew butter as well. I used a Vita-Mix which worked great! Also, I used half water and half unsweetened almond milk in the recipe.
Spice up your smoothie with some of these other flavors! Add in some BPA-free pumpkin spice protein powder to add even more fall flavor.
- The cinnamon will settle to the bottom so you may need to mix it again before drinking if that is an issue for you.
- You can use a regular banana if you prefer instead of frozen. Also, you will need 5 Tbsp of cashew butter to make this recipe. I used raw, unsalted cashew butter but you can use salted if that’s all you have or have ready on hand.
How To Make Pumpkin Spice Protein Shake
Pumpkin spice protein shake is a great and easy way to start your day with a healthy dose of protein while adding some pumpkin spice flavor. You can drink it either as a meal or as a breakfast on the go. In order to make this shake, all you have to do is to follow these simple steps:
1. Add 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree and 2 scoops of vanilla whey protein powder into the blender.
2. Mix the ingredients in the blender until it becomes powdery.
3. Add 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon and 1/2 cup of water to the mixture in the blender.
4. Place all the ingredients into a blender or shaker cup. Blend until smooth.
5. Process the ingredients and mix everything until you have a completely smooth mixture that can be eaten with a spoon, unless you are vegan or have a nut allergy.
6. Enjoy! The flavor will blend perfectly with your pumpkin spice anything you have on hand. You can use this shake by itself or you can add it to your favorite smoothie recipe to get a little more protein, fats, and other nutrients.
7. Protein shake is best consumed immediately, but it could be made ahead, placed into an airtight container and stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
8. Shake is best consumed chilled.
9. For a creamier protein shake, you can use plain yogurt instead of almond milk.
10. You can add cinnamon if you want to add some extra spice to this shake. If you would like a spice-free pumpkin shake, make sure that you don’t put any spices in the blender while making your shake.
11. You can also make this shake with 1 scoop of any other protein powder, such as whey or plant-based powders.
12. If you would like thicker shakes, add a little bit of rice milk or oat milk to the blender.
13.The final product will create the perfect morning meal for anyone who is looking for some extra flavor without an increase in calories.
This afternoon, I made some of my favorite chocolate chip muffins with the pumpkin spice protein shake recipe. It was so yummy and the shake mixed very easily with the rest of the ingredients. The taste was great! I topped off some of my protein mix with a little bit of cream cheese, which was also very tasty.
Health Benefits of Pumpkin Spice Protein Shake
Pumpkin spice protein shake may be the weekend’s most sought-after taste, but it has health benefits that go above and beyond those moments in your kitchen.
With a base of pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice mix, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves and just enough sugar to feed your sweet tooth without making you feel guilty about your treat before noon, this is the perfect way to change up your morning routine and reap delicious perks.
- Loaded with vitamins and protein with delicious pumpkin spice.
- Tastes awesome and contains high levels of calcium, magnesium, and vitamin C.
- Supports healthy brain function which leads to improved focus.
- Encourages muscle performance with its iron and phosphorus content.
- Supports healthy vascular systems with its folate, niacin, riboflavin, thiamine, zinc content.
- Lowers LDL cholesterol levels.
- Supports the immune system and promotes healthy skin with its vitamin E content.
- Helps maintain healthy bones with its vitamin K, manganese, boron, and fluoride content.
From strengthening bones to fighting inflammation—here are some of the health benefits every person should know about when they’re feeling like licking their paws after a fall harvest.
The antioxidant-rich pumpkin spice protein shake will not only leave you with a toasty feeling in your chest but also give you the energy to power through your workouts. With a number of health benefits, including its high levels of calcium, magnesium, and vitamin C, as well as its ability to support healthy brain function and muscular performance, you’ll be able to stay focused for long periods of time without neglecting important tasks.
Pumpkin spice protein shake is a mix of natural ingredients that work together to have a whole host of health benefits. It’s also a great way to get your daily dose of antioxidants, which are linked to a decrease in heart disease, cancer, and aging.