When was the last time you told your thighs that YOU LOVE THEM? I bet it’s been a while, and I bet most thoughts directed at your thighs have been less than pleasant. Most women want their thighs to be thinner, firmer, more toned and more tanned. How many times have you looked at your thighs with critical eyes thinking “you’re too big, I need to lose more weight there.” Every time you have a negative thought about your thighs, they do exactly the opposite of what you want them to do. If your primary method of relating towards yourself has been negative, well…how’s that working out for you? Why not consider trying a new approach. Tell you’re thighs that you love and appreciate them with this ‘Hands On’ Self-Love Meditation.
Do YOU often think negative thoughts about your body? In Body-Talk Thoughts I talk about the often negative, repetitive thoughts that many people tend to direct towards themselves. I also gave some suggestions on how to overcome these negative thoughts.
This ‘Hands On’ Self-Love meditation/visualization is another technique that I’ve used for myself and with clients to help heal some of those past self-inflicted wounds. Find a comfortable place to sit, either in a chair or on a cushion on the floor. Turn off all electronic distractions if you can and give yourself time and space to go through this ‘Hands On’ Self Love meditation.
Self Love Meditation
Pick a body part that you have often felt critical of in the past. I will use the thighs for this self love meditation, as this is often a point discontent for many women.
- Sit cross-legged with your palms resting gently on your thighs. Palms are facing up.
- Take a few deep long, even breathes, and allow yourself to feel centered and relaxed.
- In your mind’s eye, imagine the word “LOVE” on each palm, written or visualized in whatever way comes natural to you.
- Let go of all your other thoughts, and keep focusing on the beautiful words of LOVE on your palms.
- By focusing on your hands, feel the energy there; you may notice heat or tingling in your hands.
- Turn your hand over and place those words of love on your thighs, and feel the sensation that arises for you in this moment.
- If any doubt pops up, just let it come and then let it go.
- With your hands on your thighs, focus on your breath.
- Feel what it feels like to be directing loving thoughts to this part of your body
- Feel the inner sensations of your body. Listen to what it has to say. Let your intuitive voice come out, allow it to be heard.
Take a moment after this practice to just sit with that you experienced. You may also want to take a moment to write any thoughts that may arise in a journal. That is called as guided meditation for self love or self love meditation.