This “Raw Clear Skin Juice Recipe” is a great juice combination to help clear up any skin disorders, like acne, skin blemishes, redness, or puffiness of the skin. It will also help your skin to shine and give it a nice glow.
Detoxing Through the Skin
Our skin is the largest organ of the body and is the main ‘shield’ that protects us from pathogens and external harm. The primary ways that our bodies detoxify is through our liver and our skin. When we eat sugar, dairy, deep-fried foods and processed foods, our bodies are trying to detoxify from these harmful substances and our bodies try to push these toxins out through the skin, one of the effects being acne, blemishes and overall poor looking skin. To make matters worse, people will apply lots of ‘skin cleansers’, full of toxins on their skin, which the body just readily absorbs. One of the best guidelines to follow when it comes to applying anything on your skin is: “If you won’t eat it, don’t put it on your skin!”
We need to take an inside-out approach to clear, healthy looking skin. Eating raw, living foods will indeed help with this and give you glowing skin. Because raw foods are very detoxifying, you may experience some outbreaks or skin blemishes within 1 to 2 weeks of starting a raw food diet. To help speed the inside out approach, you can aid this process of detoxification through your skin with natural methods like dry skin brushing or saunas.
This is a great juice combination for helping to clear up skin, from the inside out.
Raw Clear Skin Juice Recipe
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Cucumber
- 3-4 stalks of celery
- I large piece of Aloe (slice open and scrap the inside to put through juicer)
- 1 inch knob of Ginger root
- 3-4 leaves of dandelion
Wash vegetables and cut up into small enough pieces to fit through your juicer spout. Also, it’s important to leave on the skin when juicing any vegetables, especially cucumber, as so many of the nutrients are in the skin. This is also why organic is very important.
Top 5 Health Benefits of the Clear Skin Juice
- Carrot and Aloe Vera juice are great for helping clear up the skin. Carrots and aloe are high in anti-oxidants, (carrots especially high in carotenoids), protecting the skin from free radicals, reduces signs of premature aging, helps facilitate the process of renewal of damaged cells, regenerates the skin and helps the skin to glow. Aloe Vera juice protects the skin from external toxins in the air and helps maintain elasticity of the skin.
- Carrots also high in vitamin A, help to reduce the production of sebum, which may contribute to acne in some individuals. A vitamin A deficiency can also result in dry, rough, cracked skin.
- Cucumber has an anti-inflammatory effect for the skin. Cucumber is also rich in silica, which is beneficial for the hair, nail and skin.
- Ginger root and aloe reduce congestion and mucus production, and mucus can block the ‘breathability’ of our skin
- Dandelion has a detoxifying effect, and helps to improve liver function, which is essential in helping with skin disorders. It’s also high in zinc content to help balance out the hormones, as acne can also be a result of the imbalance of the hormonal system.
What do you do to help give your skin a nice glow?
Hope you enjoy this wonderful juice, with all of it many health benefits!
Aloha from the Big Island of Hawaii